Re: My dak's SMOKING!!!!!!!

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 14:08:51 EST

Ryan,
    I wouldn't assume it's anything an age thing with only 130,000 miles on
it. Smoke is not a good sign though. Check the water and oil in it,. and
see if it's actually using either of them. Was the smoke just on the start
up? IF so, the it just sounds like valve seals. If it's continous.. that's
not good at all. Even our Mopars blow head gaskets & crack heads at times.
With my 2.2's & 2.5's. I won't even open them up to fix until I lose the
second cylinder anymore. I'll drive 3 Dodge cylinders before I'll drive a
Chevy.
    GM used to be be big on smoking when the tranny went out.. They had a
Vaccuum activated shift modulator.. so basically went that went.. it sucked
tranny fluid through the motor.. as far as I know.. Dodge has nothing of the
sort even on the newer trucks.
Hope this helps.. at least some.
Aaron W
94 RC WS 2.5 5spd