More Mobil 1 silliness

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 20:44:08 EST

Okay, I figured with the recent discussion regarding Mobil 1
and synthetics I'd further perpetuate this tired thread.

My truck is due for an oil change in about a month and I was
thinking of going to Mobil 1. It has about 123k miles and I
can only assume has been run on dino oil for its life [I put
in dino the first oil change I did because I had some left].

But I've heard about the stories of synthetic going in an
engine with high miles and causing leaking seals and the
like, and thought I'd get some input from you folks. Should
I go with Mobil 1 and chance it, or keep doing dino oil?

Thanks folks, and sorry to bring it up again.

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport [2.5L/5spd]