Re: My dak's SMOKING!!!!!!!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:38:14 EST

I would look at the governor pressure solenoid in the
valve body or maybe the TPS for the shifting
problem.White smoke from the tailpipe sounds like a
head gasket leak.Look for oily residue in the
anti-freeze or watery oil,which would indicate this.It
does not sound like the two problems are related to
me.Let us know! Steve P.
--- DodgeKota4x4gurl@aol.com wrote:
> I don't know what the deal is with my truck! It is
> getting really
> aggrivating. It was acting more like a 4 cyl than a
> 318 for a while, meaning,
> no take off, basically "ball-less" We changed the
> plugs and wires, and of
> course air filter, and ran some intake cleaner and
> some throttle body cleaner
> through it, of course it smoked , so I assumed it
> was doing something. It got
> a bit better for a couple weeks, but lately I
> haven't been driving it as
> much, and we started it up yesterday and it was
> blowing white smoke put the
> tailpipe. Now it has never been overheated (as far
> as I know) and I treat it
> like a million dollars. The only thing wrong with it
> right now is the rear
> main, but it leaks very little (maybe a quart
> between changes) I don't know
> if the loss of power is from the tranny going bad?
> or maybe it's just because
> of the miles (it's got almost 130,000) The reason I
> say tranny is because it
> sometimes will get to a certain speed and will rev
> like it's going to shift
> then drop back down and repeat that until I either
> speed up or slow down. I
> had the tranny serviced less than a year ago, and
> they said there was nothing
> wrong with it. Any suggestions are more than
> welcome!!!!! Sorry so long.
> TIA!!!
> Ryan Kates
> 95 318 4x4 RC

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.