4.7 69mm TBs RESULTS

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 11:48:49 EST

William,
Thanks!
And Thanks for the use of your truck! Nice Ride!..
The TB test wasnt as definitive as it could have been... Normally you would
drive the truck with the new mod and then dyno it, but after what happened t
Steven, I thought Id do some one day testing!...We ran the stcok
configuration (2000 4.7 with 65mm TB) on the dyno and got some good numbers!
The 4.7 is an impressive platform!
stock (Quick D 3" intake and flomaster cat back) :205.5 peak hp @4800rpm and
267 peak torque @ 3700 rpm (not a real torque monster though)...
Average Hp was 194.3, average torque 248.0ft lbs
with the 69mm F&B prototype,
we saw 209.2 peak Hp @ 5000 rpm (rev limiter hits hard...)
and a max torque of 287.5 Ft lbs...
the averages were up by 1 hp and 1 ft lb of torque...
Hmmmm the stock 65mm TB gives it up at high rpm... @ 5000 rpm the stock
setup was putting out 203 hp and dropping. The 69mm TB was at maximum power
and climbing.
So far there doesnt seem to be a down side to a larger TB, just not as much
upside if the trucks in the stock configuration (for a 2000)as Id like to
see... PCM reflash for speed limiter change and more timing should really
help, although looking down the throat of the plastic intake I see some big
restrictions...We will need to test a 2001 with the 68mm TB stock
arrangement to get some more answers.
More soon
Bruce