RE: our little wreck again....:P

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 01:35:37 EST

The plugs that everyone's using are Autolite 3923's and the t-stat is a
Robertshaw 755-180. The plugs are one step colder and the t-stat is 15º
cooler. Pinging is really hard on the engine and you should find a solution
as quickly as possible. Your dealer should check the belly pan gasket
first. One of the remedies the dealers have is to retard the timing by
flashing the PCM. That has worked for some and not for others. Retarding
the timing also degrades your performance. Once they do it they can't back
out of it. That's a word of caution for you. Good luck.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD