Re: Suspension lift on 2wd Vs 4wd

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 01:28:40 EST

Bill,
A 2wd is less money as Bernd pointed out because you just have
to swap the spindles, coil springs, and maybe the A-arms without
having to worry about maintaining the geometry of the drivetrain
to the front wheels (because there is no drivetrain to the front
wheels). That's the expensive part on the 4wd's as I believe
both the Rancho and Tough Country kits lower the front axle
assembly including torsion bars . . . that equals a lot more
hardware, more labor to install, and therefore more $ to lift.
Wish I had the cash to make mine mini-monster style, but I'll
just have to settle for my 2" body lift and 32" tires for
awhile.

JY