Re: Anybody towing w/ Hotchkis leafs?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 12:28:15 EST

Don, I didn't get them installed, becuase they are the wrong ones.The bag
kit I got is intended for a truck that is stock height or lowered with
blocks on the stock springs(which would keep the springs the same distance
away from the frame). Mine is lowered with the Hotchkis leafs, which are
much clower to the frame than stock.Therefore, I didn't have enough room to
install the kit. I love the way the brackets are designed, and would love it
if they would work on my truck, they just won't! It is a very well-designed
kit,and I would reccomend it to any who have a stock height truck. It is
designed to support/level up to 2000 lbs, and it looks plenty stout. I paid
a little more than $200 for them, out of Godafther customs.It was the only
place I could find this particular kit, and it was the last one they had.
Hellwig discontinued their air products, so the kit will be hard to come by.
JCWhitney is sold out, as well is Sport Truck Direct,and all the other
advertisiers in truckin' I called. Might try Jeg's or Summit. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html