Re: Mopar shift kit

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 13:20:10 EST

In a message dated 3/30/01 1:14:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
keng@novadigm.com writes:

> Does Mopar make a shift kit for my 98 V6 auto tranny? If they do, will
> having it installed by my dealer void my warranty? My tranny is getting
> pulled out for repairs next week by my dealer for a slippage problem. My
> dealer calls it a "flaring" problem in which the rpms would jump up during
> the 2 to 3 upshift. They will also be replacing my torque converter. Is
> getting the shift kit worth it and how much is the kit itself? Any part
> number?

Please find out what they say causes that? I have a similar problem when i'm
deep in the throttle and it upshifts. I'd really like to know what it is.
    As for the shift kit, Mopar supposedly makes one, but they always seem to
be out of stock. I have a trans-go kit, and it works very well. I have a 518
tranny, but I believe the V6 is a A-500, might want to doublecheck though.

-Austin
Vipertruck