ABS and Parking Brake Light on steady (semi-long)

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 15:09:53 EST

I have a problem where the ABS and Parking Brake lights are on constantly.
I was going to hook up the electric PopLock tailgate thingy when I found I
needed another inline spade connecter to make a connection to the wires
under the dash. I drove it 2 miles to the Menards no problem. Coming out of
Mendards on my way to Pep Boys, I noticed that the lights were on. I
noticed nothing wrong with the brakes.

I put it in park and shut her off. Started it up and it was fine. They
didn't come back on until I hit the brakes to slow down (from 35mph). Just
now in the apartments, I stopped and started and they came on without me
hitting the brakes.

I'm afriad now of hooking up the tailgate lock until this gets fixed.

BTW, I was touching the wires under the dash trying to locate the two wires
that I needed. I didn't pull anything nor did I disconnect anything. I've
also read the archives, and I don't like the idea of the electrical tape. I
have 32,500 miles and I'd like to get it fixed before the warranty runs out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst