Re: Online truck parts

From: Mike Johnson (kota4bye@ec.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 17:55:57 EST

My mentioning of this company would be: After 20 minutes on the phone
making sure the gibson split rear catback was right for my truck...I ordered
the aluminum version....a week later the stainless version shows up on my
doorstep, along with the corresponding price on my credit card. A little
p*ssed I give them a call, they tell me to return it and they'll ship the
correct one. Another week goes by and I get the right catback...go to put
it on...sunnofabech...it won't fit with the stock 31" spare tire....another
phone call. This time its my fault because I didn't say it had oversize
tires? Hey buddy they're stock!!! I won't menition that it took three
months for that stainless version to dissappear from my credit card. Oopps
just did. Yeah, they'll get my business again. Anyway.....that was before
I knew about this list...
Have a Great Day!
Mike J
Swansboro NC
99 4x4 Spt 5.2 cc
AirAid, Gibson Split Rear CatBack
Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Black Diamond Tread Tool Box
31x10.5 BFG MT's, 3in Performance Accessories Body Lift
Mopar PCM, Cobra 29 LTD Classic
Coming Soon: QuickD TB!!!!

I have not seen anyone mention www.truckperformance.com.

> I have purchased several items from them and I have been quite happy. The
> layout of the equipment lets you "drill down" to your particular
> truck/model/year and get the parts that are sure to fit your vehicle.
>
> Also, they have free shipping (except on special handling items) until
March