Audio-techs :Speaker Decisions

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 18:55:58 EST

I am going to replace the 4 stock speakers in my girlfriends 2000 Durango
4x4 and need to know what are some good brands to stick with. Crutchfield
lists the speakers as being 6 3/4" for both front doors/rear doors. I am NOT
going to put an amp in her truck, just put in some decent speakers and a new
CD deck. I have a Pioneer din-and -a-half CD player in my truck and love
it....however I have managed to completely shred the 6.5" Pioneer speakers
in my Dakota's doors as well as the Pioneer 5x7s in the rear of my truck. So
obviously Pioneer speakers are not going into her truck. I have replaced the
Pioneers with Polk speakers and really do like them. I would like to spend
no more than $200-$225 for all 4 speakers. Any brand suggestions? Is is
worth spending the extra cash and getting 3way speakers over 2way speakers?
Thanks!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6.....currently upgading a wicked 4.7L Durango 4x4