RE: RE: powerdyne vs Kenne Belle?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 20:40:45 EDT

Powerdyne - GOOD:
(1) Cost
(2) Ease of installation
(3) Power comes on steady rather than all at once (much easier on the tires)
(4) Tune-ability (No need for being down and having a seperate PCM
reprogrammed because they didn't quite get it right from the factory)

Powerdyne - BAD:
(1) Needs a better airhat - factory one blows (literally)
(2) Belt-Drive (Haven't had a problem with mine but have heard of these
problems from the past revisions)

Kenne-Bell - GOOD:
(1) Instant power right from the get-go...no real "spool-up" lag
(2) Looks really impressive when you open up the hood

Kenne-Bell - BAD:
(1) Cost
(2) Ease of installation
(3) If you don't watch it, rear treadlife is deminished rather quickly
(4) Tune-ability (See Powerdyne - GOOD #4)
(5) Relocate Battery, PCM, other miscellaneous items under the hood...not
for the "weekend mechanic"

As I said...both have their good and bad points. Neither is really better
or worse for the application you want it for. (I do know someone personally
who got rid of their Kenne-Bell and installed a centrifugal instead...way
too many problems with the Kenne-Bell.)

- Bernd