Front end problems re-revisited :-(

From: John Bell (dak@mama.indstate.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 20:54:23 EDT

Hey all,

Well, got my Dak back from the dealer last Thursday, after taking it in for
the second time in one month for "pop clunk" on slow left turns. This time,
they said they adjusted the torsion bar location on the right side, the
theory being that it was rubbing with the crossmember when making slow left
turns (especially when going over bumps). Did it fix the problem?

Hell no :-(.

So here's the deal - I have a truck with 9800 miles on it, that I do *not*
abuse, that will be going in for a third time to fix a problem that for some
reason is just too much of a hassle for the dealership where I bought it
from. Guess this time I'm gonna have to call the dealer that sold it to me
and let him know what is happening, and see if anything comes from that. The
service techs are about as useless as tits on a bull at this stage :-P.

If any of y'all are curious, the dealer in question is Maggie's H.O.T.
(Heart Of Texas) Dodge in Austin TX. I've had good luck with them in the
past, but it seems to be running out. I'll keep everyone posted as events
progress.

Oh yeah, and it looks like my Dak leans to the left a little when looking at
it from the back. Sure, me sitting in it all the time may cause that (6'2
and 275 ain't tiny), but I thought I had bought a *truck*...

--
John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+