Re: Towing with a 01 dak?'s....

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 13:12:40 EDT

Brent, I wouldn't think twice about it. It'll pull it! The only thing I
might have a concern about is if the truck has an automatic transmission.If
it does, be sure to add a very large cooler before youpull anything with
it.It will help the tranny from getting too hot and cooking the fluid. Other
than that, I'd say hook to it and see if it doesn't feel like it will handle
it. If I had the option, I would borrow a car hauler, or rent one somewhere
else. U-haul makes you buy an adapter so you can hook up your lights to to
their trailer, and their haulers have a surge brake system, which can be
kind of scary to pull with at times. If you've used a surge brake trailer
before, you'll know how it'll react, but if you haven't it will take a
little while to get used to.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

Original Message Follows----