Re: Re: Poplock Power Tailgate Lock Installation

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 14:32:02 EDT

What I found out was that a plastic spoon can be used to pry up the tailgate
handle surround enough to get a finger grip on the bottom and pull it out.
What I also found is that they SPRAYED THE RHINO LINER OVER THE BOLTS FOR
THE HANDLE!!!!! Whew... enough of that...

I dug out the rhino liner just enough to get the bolts out. Once I get this
thing finally in, They can spray it back over again... (Hopefully at no
charge).

I also was able to hook up the wires for this. Pain in the A$$. For
anyone's info, the wires are located in the bundle just above the parking
brake. I found it was best to put the inline splice right near the harness
(the one next to the translucent box with the copper colored bolt in the
middle of it).

The lock works great. Now I need to find a grommet to run the cables
through into the cab. My old Ferd had grommets in the floor that did the
trick... None found yet. Maybe there is enough cable to go through the
firewall...

Installation of the lock will happen onWed (rain tomorrow). I'll let
everyone know if I needed to bend the mechanism or not!

Chris