RE: Auto or Manual, that is the question

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 20:59:03 EDT

> Well I'm gonna be ordering an '01 CC Sport 4x4 in the
> near furure and was wondering what I should go with
> for a tranny. I'm gonna get the 4.7 and am gonna gear
> the truck to an off-road style. What would be better
> for me the multi-speed auto, or 5-speed manual? What
> are the advantages/disadvantages to both?

Oh no.... :-)

I've only been on this list a few months, but I know group consensus is that
there is no consensus. Or maybe consensus is, "get what you like". Do you
like shifting? Get a manual and enjoy a bit more power than the stock
automatic. Would you like not having to shift all the time, like when
you're stuck in traffic? Get an automatic. And there are things you can do
to get more power through the automatic (though it may not be cheap).

Me, I love my 5 speed + 4.7!

Check the http://dakota-truck.net/archives.html for more opinions.

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com