Re: Poplock Power Tailgate Lock Install questions...

From: Travis Higgins (travis@primenet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 22:58:38 EDT

Hi Chris,

I too struggled with where to run the wires up in to the cab. You have two
choices as I see it. There is a big grommet right by the brake booster (I
used this to run Bernd's IAT box out of the cab), but this requires running
the wires all the way up and by the headers. For my Poplock I ran the wires
in to the grommet for the parking brake (by the drivers seat). I took the
sill plates off and the kick panel and pulled back the carpet and punched a
very small hole in the grommet. That way it still seals up well (you could
also seal it up with silicone if you were worried about it).

Hope this helps. I don't know if your 4x4 would be different.....
Travis
00 IB CC R/T

<<
To whoever installed this before, where did you run the wires through? I'd
hate to have to drill through my truck... :-(.