RE: Warranty work time

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 23:44:52 EDT

The tss tss sound you refer to *might* be the injectors..
I know on my Dak, when I have the hood open and the truck
running and I'm poking around the engine bay, I hear a tss
tss sound that's *very* faint - a friend told me that it
was the injectors.

But the above could be utterly and totally wrong, too. ;)

--
Alek B     <alek@earthling.net>
http://members.sigecom.net/alek

: One more thing. What does pinging sound like? I'm hearing a : sound at part : throttle. Doesn't matter how fast I'm going or where the rpms are at, as : soon as I put the gas peddle half way down I hear a noise that's pretty : tough to explain. I don't think it sounds very metallic (like I would : expect pinging to sound), the best way to describe it is that it : sounds like : someone with a lisp trying to make a T sound :-) Tss Tss Tss....really : fast, but only at part throttle. Sorry it's so long, but hopefully it's : readable.