performance questions

From: Wes Truck (truckmanxx@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 10:49:12 EDT

Ok I need some help with my baby.(92'4x4,CC,5.2,auto) First of all I want
to get a K&N but should I get an open element 14x3 or just keep my stock
housing and replace the filter? Also the truck runs great and throws no
codes but I was thinking about replacing the cap,rotor,plugs, and plug
wires. Everything from Mopar except Autolite plugs. Is this a good idea or
should I wait until it starts acting up? Also, If I use autolite 3923 plugs
do I need to run a 180 thermostat? The truck has a Flowmaster with dual 2.5
outlets, can I do anything with the TB to help it some more? I am going to
get a soft tonneau cover soon because the gas mileage sucks 12-14 is this
normal? What other kinds of mods can I do to bring it up besides drive like
grandma, which I tried and still didnt help much.

thanks,
Wes
92'4x4,CC,LE,5.2