Re: performance questions

From: LaMont J. Gilles (lgilles@nospam.satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 22:35:21 EDT

If it is in your budget get the Mopar performance computer. My gas mileage
went from 13.5 city 18 highway to 15 city and 24 highway. No guarantee
yours will do the same but it may be worth a try. Before getting the
computer I got the K&N filter with the stock housing, there was a slight
increase in the way the engine breathed but it did little for fuel economy.

Also, get underdrive pulleys and an electric fan. I can not quote figures
because mine are in the process of being shipped but give me until the end
of the month and I will let you know if it made any difference.

B.T.W. I am very much a "lead foot" so these number could be even better if
I tried to drive a bit slower (but then again why the H*LL would you want to
own a V8 and drive sensibly).

Hope it helps.

--

LaMont J. Gilles

""Wes Truck"" <truckmanxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F1841UtYj7XGeFaatao00001cb5@hotmail.com... > Ok I need some help with my baby.(92'4x4,CC,5.2,auto) First of all I want > to get a K&N but should I get an open element 14x3 or just keep my stock > housing and replace the filter? Also the truck runs great and throws no > codes but I was thinking about replacing the cap,rotor,plugs, and plug > wires. Everything from Mopar except Autolite plugs. Is this a good idea or > should I wait until it starts acting up? Also, If I use autolite 3923 plugs > do I need to run a 180 thermostat? The truck has a Flowmaster with dual 2.5 > outlets, can I do anything with the TB to help it some more? I am going to > get a soft tonneau cover soon because the gas mileage sucks 12-14 is this > normal? What other kinds of mods can I do to bring it up besides drive like > grandma, which I tried and still didnt help much. > > thanks, > Wes > 92'4x4,CC,LE,5.2 > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com >