Re: what is the fastest speed anyone has gone here?

From: Shawn (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 01:51:43 EDT

Had the Dakota once up to 185Km on an empty 4 lane racing a prelude, the
prelude won, he did not have a limiter. A few years ago, I drove cab on
the weekend to help through college I had an old police cruiser up to
220Km/hr where the limiter kicked in, thought I busted something and at
first I was trying to figure out how to explain how I blew the motor. It
was, I think a 94 Chev with the digital dash, was wondering what the
display did when you went past 199 because the hundred spot was only a 2
segment LED to form a one and could not form a 2. After 199 the 1 goes out
and at 200 it reads 00 and 220 reads 20. After I did that I had to hid
when I returned back to town, the dispatchers can figure out if you return
to fast from somewhere, driving to fast or pulling a fast one and pocketing
money. I also thought if I got caught by the police, I would lose my
license, that is an automatic suspension in New Brunswick, Canada and
reckless driving before even mentioning the public transportation aspect, I
was alone in the car but that is no excuse. I would also lose my class of
license, my means of income and ever driving professionally again, so that
was kinda a stupid stunt, did not get caught and never checked the limiters
on the old police cruisers again. But the car was built for speed and
handled well, thought the topsign was going to fly off. I will never have
the Dak up to that speed again because it is not built for that and a few
small bumps gave me a scare. I do not know where the RPMs were up to but
and I can never remember what the gearing is, at that time I had the stock
tires and the truck has the trailer package.

--
Shawn Englehart
return email: englehart@sympatico.ca