RE: Center console power mod

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 02:43:06 EDT

> Thats pretty cool. I completely removed mine and added a new one
> from galls
> (www.galls.com) It fits in pretty nice..just not the sharpest
> looking one..
> oh well.. but its enough for me to get my CB, Scanner and Strobe Light
> switches in.

Oooh....I like that. It's the metal one where the CB and stuff drops in
from the top, right? High cool factor on the strobe lights too. I doubt
I'll ever have any, but cool nontheless.

I don't know how I'm going to fit everything in the stock console. But I
have a couple months to figure it out. We're going on a cross-country trip
this summer and I want to have all the goodies hooked up for that. I'll be
getting a CB next month. Right now I'm leaning towards one of those units
where everything is on the Mic and the rest of the CB is hidden away. The
other thing I want to try and do is to merge all the audio stuff into the
stock stereo power amp. Not sure how well that's going to work (I'm
imagining horrible hiss from the radios), but I'm going to try it. At the
very least I want the laptop hooked in for MP3 tunes.

Other things on my list are a permanent wired in GPS, and an OBD-II
interface, and somehow hooking those serial connections plus the scanner up
to the laptop. I'm looking at USB <--> serial interfaces for that. That
way the only wires my wife and I will have to deal with is USB, power and
audio when we pull the laptop out of the console. Or maybe I'll find a USB
<--> audio interface too.

And then there are the antennas to deal with. Fun stuff. At least I got
the power problem out of the way.

> Nice Job Again!

Thanks!

--