Re: what is the fastest speed anyone has gone here?

From: Alan Short (rashort@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 14:46:35 EDT

I went 135 in a '90 Mustang 5.0 in Nevada, 135 again in a '95 Z28 in
Oklahoma and I rode up to 146 in a 96 LT 4 'Vette in far southwest
Texas. I have video tape of the speedo going from about 95 up to 146,
but I don't have any way to capture and post it.
I also drove a Nascar at Texas Motor Speedway during a Richard Petty
driving school. The fastest average lap was 135, so I assume we went in
the high 140's or low 150's.
If you have the need for speed, check out the Big Bend Open Road race
series. You get to drive flat out on a 2 lane highway from Ft. Stockton
to Sanderson(Texas) and back. It's 124 miles round trip, so you get to
drive REALLY fast for a REALLY long time. And it's all legal to boot!
Here's a link:
http://www.openroadracing.com/BigBendGeneral/BigBendCentral.htm

Alan S.