Homeade sub bax

From: Stephen Reill (sreill@OPTONLINE.NET)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 15:16:34 EDT

Well, the install is complete, (thanks to some help here on the
board)..Sounds alot better...not great but better...The 2 8' subs that I
mounted on a board and put in the toolbox have huge magnets and require
more air space to work properly I assume...Im thinking about drilling in
two ports on the front of the tool box for better air realease..Does
anyone know if this will help? They dont have a deep bass, but more of a
punch..(which I assume is what I should expect from 8" subs...Overall
though, Im happy...cost me nothing for the plywood(scrap I had in the
garage) 5 bux for the grey carpet...And nothing for the subs and port
holes...(took apart my old kicker box). And I do get alot more bass than
I was getting with the Rockford 6 1/2" door speakers...
The fit is nice too...the back seat sits at a slight angle now though,
but I read somewhere that that can be ajusted..I hope to have some pics
soon...

If anyone would like to try this out, e mail me and Ill send you detaled
instructions..
It may be possible to put in 1 10" instead of the 2 8" subs for deeper
bass..