Re: Anybody w/ downturned pipes?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 13:26:51 EDT

> I was wondering if anyone had downturned pipes on their truck, right after
the muffler, so that the exhaust exits under the vehicle, rather than out
the rear side? What effects were there with noise, power, emissions, etc?

> By the way, I have a 93 V6 CC with a Dynomax 3" catback system.

 My Daks exhaust has a turn down under the truck, right after the exhaust
pipe goes past the rear axle. I have a Flowmaster 3chamber 50 Series Delta
Flow muffler and I think it sounds really good. Nothing annoying nor
obnoxious, just a nice tone and rumble to it. I cannot say it hurt/helped
performance by having the exhaust this short, but the Flowmaster, QuickD TB,
and Poboy cold air intake really did help out. Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6