Quick question about Cam Pos. Sensor... / boggin info

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 21:41:44 EDT

What *exactly* does the Cam Pos. Sensor do? If my sensor is bad, or weak,
or going bad, could this be the cause of my bogging problems? I'm unsure on
what the computer does with the sensor info...

FWIW, My truck retards the timing when ya punch if from the line, back to 0
degrees... (tested with dealer scan tool) we stalled the converter up, and
when the TPS reached 1.5 to 1.6 volts, the timing would go from ~24 degrees,
to 0, instantly, bring the TPS back down below that one point, and timing
was back up to ~24...

What on earth would cause that to happen? Something in the tranny maybe?
I'm lost, we put the computer on the durango, and it was fine... so it has
to be some sensor or something on my truck... I've replaced the Crank
sensor, MAP, TPS, and just today replaced the 180F stat with a 160F stat,
and put a 6800ohm resistor in the IAT sensor.... didnt help any at all....
I'm about to pull my hair out... suggestions?

Tim Berry
97 Dakota, 318, mods = alot...
best E.T. 13.50@101.91
should run mid 12's with new stuff.... (damn bogging)