Re: CB Stuff (was: Center console power mod)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 21:56:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/01 7:32:03 PM Central Daylight Time, tmfu@home.com
writes:

<< If you want an AM/SSB radio, get a Cobra 148GTL. Have a shop replace the
 MC8734 PLL chip with a MC8719. YOu can go down about 20ch below ch1, and up
 into the lower 10m range(depending on how much you "broadband" the radio).
 The clarifier can be unlocked for a +/-10kHz slide.

 Greg >>

Why do all that when you can buy a Galaxy or a Ranger and go a whole lot more
channels above and below the reg 11m 40 channels. And the clarifier is
already a 10kHz slide anyway. Not to mention how much more power can be
gotten out of one of these radios than you can get out of the cobra 148gtl.

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"