Re: Need towing/driving tips...

From: Hotmail (gwbower@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 00:53:36 EDT

The main thing is to make sure your truck is able to haul the weight you
intend to. Trailer weight and 'tongue' weight are the main factors. Check
out how to load the trailer also. U Haul will provide you with the info
necessary on how to load the trailer as well as weight of the trailer and
its 'tongue' I worked for them as a Field Rep for several years...
As far as driving--a good rule of thumb is to take it slow until you get a
feel for what you and the truck-trailer combination will handle. Just don't
get over confident and be sure to leave extra room to stop-you are stoping
slot more weight that just the truck when you are hauling a trailer.

Gary Bower 99 4x4 CC 318 gwbower@hotmail.com