Re: Need towing/driving tips...

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 11:51:10 EDT

Just a couple tips I can think of at the moment:
1. Don't forget it's back there!!!! Long trips tend to make you forget
about it. Next thing you know, you get off the highway to grab a bite to
eat, take a turn too tight and you're in the front of someone's car.
2. Give yourself some extra room to stop. Any extra weight equals extra
distance to stop.
3. Be sure you are able to see the back of the trailer....for changing lane
purposes and turning.
4. Keep an eye on things from time to time so you can correct a potentially
bad situtation (i.e: wheel looks like its wobbling)
5. Don't go excessively fast.
6. Make sure all your lights are working, and check the light connection
whenever you stop (just to be safe).
7. Drive with your headlights on all the time. There is less of a chance
that someone will pull out in front of you, so switch lanes to close to you.
  Evasive action is not easy with a trailer in case someone pulls out in
front of you.
Hope some of these tips might help.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6