Re: IT'S HERE!

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 21:31:14 EDT

You drove it in the rain?? Well, there goes your chances in the stock class
unless you work tirelessly to clean it back up! I have to work so hard to
keep my truck clean! I generally spend between 6 and 8 hours cleaning
underneath my truck, per week! I really have a hard time after rainy
weather. It just seems to go everywhere! The Engine compartment- 4-6 hours
per week. Outside, well it really depends on the weather. Right now I am
really fighting the pollen, and I am soon due to clay it again.Oh boy, plan
on all day sunday! My interior, well I've never let it get dirty, so it
doesn't really ever take me long to clean it up.Just a little glass cleaner
on all the windows, Armor-all interior form. on everything inside, and a
good vacuuming. It's really hard to keep one really clean, but I try real
hard. I still compete in the stock class, and do pretty well. I've taken
first at every show I've hit after the first time I showed(didn't really
know what they were looking for then). I've had so many judges walk up to me
and say man, some 20's, a "system" and a supercharger, and you'd really
have something. Oh, and airbags to drag frame wouldn't hurt either! Man, it
pisses me off! Don't these people respect what I'm trying to do???? Anyway,
Don't spend too much time cleaning the obscure parts of your truck. It'll
just make you sick when you drive it in the rain, heaven forbid some
off-roading! Have fun with the truck!!!!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Jason Bleazard" <jbleazard@home.com>

I dunno about that... seems like they won't look at you at the show
unless you've put down thousands of dollars in modifications. Or in the
stock classes, you have to at least have spend hundred of dollars on
waxes and polishes and have spent the last 108 hours straight cleaning
the thing with a soft toothbrush. I go to shows to have fun, not work
:-).

After the rain yesterday. I think the Quad is already too dirty to win any
car shows, and I don't feel like spending the time to shine it back up to
ultra-perfect standards. Oh well, we can still spectate.