need audio help

From: Stephen Reill (sreill@OPTONLINE.NET)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 21:37:06 EDT

To all audio experts..

I am having a problem getting the sound I am looking for into this
truck..I have a 01 Clubcab. As you may have read in another post, I
have built a homade subbox using the toolbox as the box and fitting a
top onto it. Problem Is, I cant get a deep bass out of it. Im running
a sony 200w amp. Ive tried it with 2 *" jbl subs...Then with one
Rockford 10" sub and the with one rockford 8" sub..They all seem to
produce the same sound..

My stock system in my 2000 Blazer has a better bass sound...Im not
looking for a loud booming bass...Just a nice deep bass at moserate
volumes.

Is the enclosure too small? I cant see how size would matter when I
compare it to the stock speakers in my Blazer, or for that matter I have
a small sub in my home thaeter system that kicks ass). Am I using the
wrong speakers or amp? Should I put insulation and or ports in the box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..