Re: RS9000 shocks on a street dak?

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 22:33:31 EDT

I've got RS5000's for the front and 9000's for the back of my '93 4x4. They
don't make a 9000 for the front of the gen 2 dakotas. I found that the pair
of 9000's I bought (from Summit) don't have the correct upper mount (the
holes in the bar are too close together). I don't know if this is a common
occurence. I've been debating whether or not I should try to press out the
incorrect mounts and press in the units from the old shocks. The 5000's have
worked great (at least the front end works correctly now).