Re: RS9000 shocks on a street dak?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 23:30:15 EDT

> I've got RS5000's for the front and 9000's for the back of my '93 4x4.
They
> don't make a 9000 for the front of the gen 2 dakotas. I found that the
pair
> of 9000's I bought (from Summit) don't have the correct upper mount (the
> holes in the bar are too close together). I don't know if this is a common
> occurence. I've been debating whether or not I should try to press out the
> incorrect mounts and press in the units from the old shocks. The 5000's
have
> worked great (at least the front end works correctly now).

I definately wouldnt suggest the RS5000s based on my experience. I bought a
full set(front and rear) and within a year all shock bushings were rotted
out and shot. I paid $35 and bought new polyurethane bushings only to have
the front shocks completely give up 6 months later. Whatever shock you
decide, make sure they use urethane bushings, not rubber.......and I wouldnt
suggest any Rancho product, based upon my experience with their products and
their crappy customer service. I am now using Bilsteins front and rear and
am happy with them.......but once again I just dont think the Bilsteins are
really good either, just decent. Oh well.......just have to wait till the 4"
TM lift goes on when I am run dual shocks are each corner ;)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6