360 Swap HELP!!!!

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 13:54:47 EDT

Hey guys, the guy that I bought my 360 from also supplied a new vibration
damper because the old one was gone. I called a dealer and gave them the
part # from the box and they told me that # was for the 97 up 3.9, 5.2, and
the 5.9. I thought the 5.9's had a different externally balanced damper? I
also talked to their head mechanic and he was totally clueless and said he
didn't know of a difference, at least not visually. Does anyone know for
100% sure if they are different. I'm not sure what year motor this is , but
I don't think it makes a difference(other than it's a Magnum) I thought all
360's and the 93-01 Magnum 5.9's were all externally balanced and needed
both the flywheel/flexplate and damper. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks
Sam South
95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
14.10@98.05