Re: 360 Swap HELP!!!!

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 15:22:20 EDT

Sam:

I don't know the answers to your questions but here are three names from
the Mopar Mailing List who seem very knowledgeable and might be able to
help.
"Hank Seestedt" <hseested@sctcorp.com> Hank, The Lone Racer...64
Imperial, 2 door;
>67 Coronet R/T, in progress; 70 Challenger R/T
>clone, SportsCar; 89 Chrysler TC 5-speed,
>Maserati heads; 90 Dodge Spirit, goes everywhere;
>96 Bad Ram, 2X4, 5.9, 3.91 Sure Grip, LB, R/T equipped

J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu)

"Rogers, Daty" <daty@ti.com>

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:54:47 -0400 "Sam South" <sawcut64@mediaone.net>
writes:
> Hey guys, the guy that I bought my 360 from also supplied a new
> vibration
> damper because the old one was gone. I called a dealer and gave them
> the
> part # from the box and they told me that # was for the 97 up 3.9,
> 5.2, and
> the 5.9. I thought the 5.9's had a different externally balanced
> damper? I
> also talked to their head mechanic and he was totally clueless and
> said he
> didn't know of a difference, at least not visually. Does anyone know
> for
> 100% sure if they are different. I'm not sure what year motor this
> is , but
> I don't think it makes a difference(other than it's a Magnum) I
> thought all
> 360's and the 93-01 Magnum 5.9's were all externally balanced and
> needed
> both the flywheel/flexplate and damper. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks
> Sam South
> 95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
> 14.10@98.05