Re: new mods

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 19:41:57 EDT

> Well all, the time has come :) After today's discovery of disentigrating
> tires, I've decided to put this truck where a 4x4 belongs.... UP!!! I
> hope to have new 31x10.50 BFG A/T's tommorrow, a 2-3" lift by May if all
> goes well.... Then it's off w/ the MPI and on w/ a modded stocker. Not
> sure what kind of difference I'll see there, but there's 1 way to find
out!

Jon,
Good to hear your truck is going to gain some altitude with its attitude! :)
I take it then you are planning a body lift? From what I have found, there
are only two body lifts; Peformance Accessories 2" kit or TrailMaster's 3"
kit. Are you going to keep the 31s even after the lift? I have currently
stockpiling various parts......as I think this is finally the Year of the
Dakota. I am still debating on if I want a 2" or a 3" body lift. Also,
currently researching the torsion bar options on wether I will be able to
get some Sway-A-Way tbars or if I will have to get the heavy duty V8 tbars
through the dealer. Hopefully I will be able to buy the body lift this
month, the torsion bars next month, etc. Just buy one product a month and
have it all done at one time in late summer. Of course, new gears, rims,
tires, rear locker will have to be found also. What's money.....still
cheaper than a new truck! Of course, I keep thinking 4" TM lift kit with
dual shocks are each corner ontop of a body
lift............hmmmmm...........what other plans/mods are you thinking
about?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6