Re: Brass cap & rotor in!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 20:44:27 EDT

> What bozo decided to put
> the 3.9l distributor cap way the F**K back there?!??!! What a freakin
> workout - just gettin to the hold down screws! Hadda climb right up on the
> engine to get at it!

Man oh man......thats a 5 minute job in my truck....I know what you mean
though, in the newer V6 Dakotas that dist cap is tucked under there nicely.

> MSD 8.5 wires & the 3923s are next, as soon as I get to freakin POOP BOYS
&
> show them the incomplete plug they sold me...(*sheesh*).
> Now I bow my head to the DML DAKSperts & ask a (silly) question or two:
> 1. I bought 8 wires so I'd have a couple of spares. Should I run one of
the
> extras from the coil (OEM) to the cap? (Bernd? Chuck R? Kyle?)
> 2. Am I gonna hafta get bigger looms/spreaders/brackets (or whatever
they're
> called) to keep the wires away from the engine or will the 8.5s fit into
the
> OEM thingies?

I bought the V8 MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor set of wires, meant for the 94-97
318/360 Rams, PN#32189 I believe. This set included the coil wire, but most
definately if you ran replace all the wires, especially the coil wire. Be
sure to use plenty of dielectric grease on the coil's terminal, dist. cap
terminals, and on the spark plugs. The 8.5MM wires fit snugly into the stock
wire looms, but then again they were meant for 7MM wires. I went to Pep Boys
and picked up some pretty nice Mr.Gasket wire holders, ones which were made
for 8-9MM wires. Hope this helps. Yes you are correct, having light till
7:30ish is wonderful.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6