RE: 4.7L Intake Options

From: Tanner & Beth Sammons (etsammons@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 21:47:36 EDT

Well, I finally got my tube back from the bender and did the initial install
w/ the K&N. All I have to say is Woooo F'n Hoooo!!! This thing is responsive
and inhales all the air I can feed it. Definitely noticed a difference in
throttle response and it pulls hard all the way to around 5300 rpm. Used to
bog down a little before 3000 rpms, but not any longer. Just hit the
throttle and go. Kinda nice to be able to roast the 4x4's tires from a 15
mph roll.
The next step is to have it Jet-Hot coated, for looks and to keep some heat
out. I have pics if anyone would like me to email them privately. Email me
@ etsammons@earthlink.net and I will send them to you. Also have some pics
of the Pace Edwards Roll-Top cover if anyone is interested. Once this is
all said and done, I will see about getting some tubes made for any other
4.7 owners that would like them. I will keep you posted.

Tanner

'00 QC SLT+ 4x4 4.7 Auto 3.55's