Re: headers and mpg!

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 14:12:33 EDT

Only until someone with a V8 passes you on a hill while pulling a fully
loaded trailer :-)
Now why did I have to stir that hornets nest again??? :-)

I will admit, I do like to put my foot into it on a regular basis. BUTT!
That is why I take all of my mileage readings on the highway where I always
stay with traffic. When I go on a trip to measure mpg, I do drive like my
granny. I don't punch the gas or make any sudden speed changes. I try to
keep to the same route so I can rule out hills and the like. Still, after
everything I have done on my truck, the fan is the ONLY thing that has made
any difference in the mileage. OTOH, most everything has made the engine
more responsive and improved power at all RPM's.

Russ, the dealer shouldn't give you any hassle. If they do, ask them how
they figure the fan could possibly cause (insert your unrelated problem
here). Things like ball joints or rattling cats are not going to be caused
by an electric fan.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil, Superior Transmissions shift kit,
Black Magic fan