IAT relocation time,Attn: "the other" Will

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 18:02:28 EDT

Thanks for explaining this for me Will, now I understand. Learn something
new everyday.
Now if I only knew where to place this sensor in the intake tube. Like
maybe 6 inches upstream
from the K&N filter, 6 inches downstream from where it attaches to the TB,
or ? Then I'm all set.

Thanks again
Jay

<< I plan on installing it in the K&N intake tube, just wondering about the
location relating to the filter and the airhat, if it matters. Also I don't
understand, a 1/2 inch hole to mount it but only a 1/4 inch pipe plug to
fill the existing hole in the manifold?

TIA
Jay >>

A standard thread bolt is uniform in diameter. A NPT or pipe thread plug is
tapered. You will notice this when you buy the plug. NPT's are also
measured totally different from standard bolts, etc...

The other Will