Audio Tech; Dead Deck

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 20:11:22 EDT

Yesterday my truck's radio/cd player worked great......this morning it is
dead. It is a Pioneer DEH45/DH model, the 1 1/2 din model. Tonight after
work I pull the dash apart and first start by checking the fuse, it is fine.
I pull out the deck and all the wires and check the fuse, it is also fine
with full voltage. I check the main connector which plugs into the back of
the radio and it has power at the connector. I then pull the 'face plate'
off and check those little tiny 'prongs' on the deck, and they have power.
So do I assume the face plate is the culprit? Nothing will light on on the
'screen' and the buttons wont light up either, nothing at all; I cant even
eject my cd which is in there nor do anything at all. It is almost like
something is bad with the face plate, because power is at the connection
prongs on the deck's end. Is there any way to check the face plate to see it
power is entering it? If the face plate is indeed bad, can I buy just this
part? Of course, I first want to rule out the face plate. Any other tips or
tricks I can do to test anything else? Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6