Baby needs a new Belt.

From: Leonard Price (lprice@consultronics.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 08:32:06 EDT

I have a 98 DAK CC 5.2L with AC and the belt is squealing like crazy. I
would like to Purchase a new belt and change it myself, but the truck is
still rather new to me and I needed some info before proceeding
I looked under the hood and there is a belt assy drawing and it indicates
that the tensioner has to move to the right to get the belt off. The pulley
on the tensioner had a large bolt and I assume that it has to be loosened.
Now normally a bolt is turned counter clockwise to loosen and clockwise to
tighten, my question is,can I follow this rule in this case and if I meet
with resistance do I add more pressure. Or if there is some other process
could you please indicate the steps. Please keep in mind that due to my
inexperience I need detailed steps to make up for my lack of confidence in
the procedure. Sorry for the long winded post but all help would
appreciated .

Leonard A. Price
lprice@consultronics.com
ICQ # 144893