Re: 5 speed problem

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 13:16:31 EDT

Congratulations, Chris, you've been bitten by the NV 3500 bug! Doesn't it
feel good to know that the interior and drivetrain of your new truck are
going to be torn apart?? I don't know why they can't use a tranny that
doesn't have as many problems and failures! I've heard of so much crap out
of these things I'm sick of 'em. I'm thinking about calling the drivetrain
place that Jim Harmon found and asking them about getting an NV 4500 to put
in my Dakota. I figure when the tranny comes out of it(which doesn't feel
like it'll be long now!), I had just as well replace it with something that
will hold all my abuse I give it! HA - that's another thing that pisses me
off, I drive like grandma and it still tears up! Never slammed any gears,
never ground any gears, don't ever catch rubber on the shifts(or at all for
that matter!), change the fluid regularly, no clutch dumps, no nothing! It's
just junk! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has problems, but I'm
sorry about yours. I hope you don't wait months for a transmission, and I
hope that when they swap it out, they get everything back right(well, as
right as possible after having been torn apart!). Good luck!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Lang" <langerdak@hotmail.com>

Well I just heard back from the dealer and they didnt really give me any
specifics but they said I need a new tranny. I'm going to pick it up at
lunch and I'll find out the whole deal with it then, they said its driveable
for now so I can have it back and they'll let me know when the new tranny
comes in so they can replace it. I guess they dont want to spend the time
rebuilding and would rather slap a new one in there... It looks like I
should really start beating on it since I'm gettin a new one! Heh heh,
gonna do some nice burnouts tonight!