Re: 5 speed problem

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 00:48:06 EDT

Looks like mine is headed out! I am going to try and hold off on mine as
long as I can, because I would to have as few miles as possible on the next
one when I get out of the warranty.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Lang" <langerdak@hotmail.com>

I've got pretty much the same symtoms will, I cant shift into first without
being COMPLETELY STOPPED if its moving at all it will grind. And you
already know all about my syncros and thrid gear. Its nice to see I'm not
the only one who has this happen but it would be nice if they could put a
tranny in these trucks that would last longer than 8000 or so miles. Mine
is being replaced because of the large amount of metal shavings inside the
tranny fluid according to them. I'm assuming they've seen this before
because they werent at all suprised and they called me an hour after I
dropped it off with them with the diagnosis.