Meeting with zone rep tomorrow.... NEED ADVICE! ATTN: Sales/Dealer/Service types

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 23:15:55 EDT

Well, today I went in to my dealership thinking I had solved my non-shifting
problem by reinserting the stock PCM. If it did shift correctly when my bro
took the tech for a ride, they'd refund my $216 spent on a governor
solenoid. No such luck. The temp. outside heated up and the damn thing
started doing it again..... Except now with the stock PCM it hits the rev
limiter and bounces a few times before shifting instead of just taching out.
BTW, that is no better of an experience. :(

For those who may have forgotten my problem is the truck will not shift out
of first under WOT in the 1-2 shift only. It does it quite often, but seems
to do it much more the warmer it is outside. t was in the 70s today. Aside
from the shifting problem itself the truck runs great except for sometimes
with the pedal pushed in another gear it will downshift suddenly and quickly
upshift back into gear.

They've ran the truck on their computers several times (some at my expense)
and no codes come up. They've adjusted the TV cable many times, that does
not affect the problem at all. The governor pressure solenoid was replaced.
No good. Now they are telling me they think it is the TV itself, not the
cable....

BUT, as with everything else they've done with my tranny, they say it won't
be covered under the warranty. I have the Maxcare warranty BTW.
So basically, have a stock tranny, a Maxcare warranty, I have been 5 times
for the same problem, I have paid out of pocket to try to fix it, and they
are telling me they can't fix it and I'll have to pay for them even to
re-run it on the computer to check for codes. If I come up with an idea as
to what it may be, I have had to pay them for an hour's work each time for
things that only took 6 minutes for them to check..... I have paid hundreds
out of pocket.

Today when I went in, the zone rep happened to be there. Long story short,
the main tech there told my bro that he could talk to the zone rep, but
beforehand he said the rep will probably void my warranty because I have
mods. He said the rep had voided people's warranty because their truck was
too dirty.....

Now here's where you guys come in. I NEED ADVICE! What should I do if thing
don't work out with the rep tomorrow? Heck, what should I do with the rep
tomorrow?

OK, HERE'S WHERE YOU DEALERS, SELLERS, AND SERVICE REPS COME IN! The number
for the dealership is 606-437-1300. If you guys could call and talk with the
techs there, and more importantly the Zone Rep (he will be there ALL day
tomorrow!) I'd appreciate it more than you'd ever know! I just would like
them to know that I have knowledgeable people on my side! Just call, ask to
be transferred to service, then ask for the Zone Rep..... Anyone else who
thinks they could help, PLEASE feel free to call as well!

I hope you guys can help me!

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
This is gonna kill me at some point!