DaProject takes a new direction

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 01:58:30 EDT

okay speed freaks!
In my quest to get this truck finished at some point, I have made a big
decision. The original plan was to have the fully functioning Magnum 360
under the hood with all the wiring, SMPI, customer computer burn, all the
bolt-ons, and all that crap... well... after looking at how much sh*t I
still need to buy and how hard some of it is to find, on top of rewiring the
entire truck headlight to tailight I've decided to scrap the SMPI plan.
What's the new plan? M1, 750 carb. Hey, if it got Scott Miller in the 12's,
it should at least put me in the low 13's.
I can keep my A518 I just had built and still have overdrive by keeping the
88 computer and wiring in there. As long as the speed sensor still talks to
the computer then it'll put the tranny in OD and the button on the dash will
still work cuz' my wiring will still be in place. My speedo will work cuz'
it's cable driven, I've got an aftermarket tach... even my gas guage will
still work =)...

now... if I just knew anything about carbs....

any suggestions???

-miggity
slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress