Re: DaProject takes a new direction

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 07:32:44 EDT

Mike,

    With your cam, I'd get the M1 Dual Plane, 750 Edelbrock or Holley (the
Holley will probably require a spacer to clear the manifold). You'll also
need a non-magnum small block distributor, with the advance mechanism built
in, preferably with a vacuum advance, too. The one you have no has NO
advance at all (the computer controls it). Either that, or get a CDI
ignition that lets you program the advance curve. I think Holley has a setup
like that, crank trigger and all.

    The ignition might be the better way to go as I'm not positive the
non-mag distributor will work. I know that the magnums have a reversed
distributor rotation, and I dunno if they used a different distributor drive
gear on the cam or not to make that happen. If they did you'd need a new cam
and possibly an oil pump, too. It runs off the cam drive/distributor.

--
Doug Myers

K&N Gen II, B&F Billet TB, MP cam, MP headers, MP catback, MP plug wires, Accel Supercoil, Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer, 180 T-stat, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (in progress), Hurst Shifter (in progress)

""miggitymike"" <miggitymike@fast4x4.net> wrote in message news:001601c0d203$c1660f40$9c4743d8@oemcomputer... > okay speed freaks! > In my quest to get this truck finished at some point, I have made a big > decision. The original plan was to have the fully functioning Magnum 360 > under the hood with all the wiring, SMPI, customer computer burn, all the > bolt-ons, and all that crap... well... after looking at how much sh*t I > still need to buy and how hard some of it is to find, on top of rewiring the > entire truck headlight to tailight I've decided to scrap the SMPI plan. > What's the new plan? M1, 750 carb. Hey, if it got Scott Miller in the 12's, > it should at least put me in the low 13's. > I can keep my A518 I just had built and still have overdrive by keeping the > 88 computer and wiring in there. As long as the speed sensor still talks to > the computer then it'll put the tranny in OD and the button on the dash will > still work cuz' my wiring will still be in place. My speedo will work cuz' > it's cable driven, I've got an aftermarket tach... even my gas guage will > still work =)... > > now... if I just knew anything about carbs.... > > any suggestions??? > > -miggity > slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress > >