Re: Helper spring info help???

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 17:52:30 EDT

Don, it may not be what you're looking for, but I'd reccomend getting an
airbag assist kit. I got mine and had to modify it to fit my truck becuase
fo the lowered leafs, but I love it! Unlike an add-on leaf helper spring
which will make the truck ride stiffer in the rear when they're unloaded,
the airbags actually made my truck ride better unloaded! I wouldn't go
without 'em now! HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: MALDBNSF@aol.com

I'm looking at putting on some helper springs to help with the sag when I'm
towing and carrying some weight in the bed. JC Whitney has some (Page 51,
Catalog # 650A-05) in the newest catalog under truck performance section.
These are being used a reference only any other ideas would be helpful. They
also have some on sale on the inside of the rear cover also.

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf