Re: Project ideas

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 23:14:05 EDT

LEDs go out too often??? I've never heard this....as long as LEDs have a proper voltage drop across them they last much much MUCH longer than a standard bulb....sure replacement cost is higher, bu the point is they DON'T go out....

My 2 cents.....

-Batman

--- ABeerCan@aol.com
> wrote:
>Ok guys, I have built my ideal driveline (finally!), boxed the frame, ordered
>my neon kit (Street Glow Gold Line in Neo-Blue), have done a few body mods,
>and have a few more on my list. Coming within the next fwe months (before
>summer is gone) will be shaved door handles, shaved emblems, considering
>taking off the bladk molding (not sure, what are your thoughts on that?), AAR
>fiberglass front bumper/spoiler combo, some different seats and inerior
>stuff. Now comes my main question, I was looking at the rear tail lights and
>getting mad that no one makes any clear or other style tail lights for tne
>Gen-I/Gen-II Dakotas. Then I had a brain storm and decided to do something
>about my tail lights. I have narrowed it down to two options: 1) Cadillac
>Deville tail lights, the slim tall style; or 2) Toyota Supra tail lights
>mounted down in the roll pan, which will be welded and smoothed along with
>the tail gate handle being flipped regardless of what I go with. The Caddy
>lights have been done and are popular among chebbies. I have only seen the
>Supra tail lights done twice. Both will cost about the same to do and both
>require the same amount of rewiring to make them work. Like I always say,
>"Nothing to it but to do it!!" So which way should I go? If you have any
>other ideas about tail lights (no LED please, they go out too often and cost
>alot more than a light bulb to replace!) please let me know!
>
>The other Will
>96 Paxton huffed NOS fed Liquid/Air intercooled 408 Dakado

==
-Batman
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L 5spd sprt wht
10" X 2.75" K&N Open Element