Hesitation??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:11:26 EDT

Ok, I used to let my truck warm up every time before I moved it, but as per
some people's reccomendations on the list, I don't anymore. Now, my question
is this- when I first crank it up, I let the oil press. come up, then if I
give it throttle, it will climb to 1000 rpm's, then it has a dead spot, and
stumbles hard. It happens wether you just rev it with no load, or wether I
put it in gear, take off and hit the same spot in the RPM's. It will happen
the first 4-5 times it crosses that spot after it it is first started with
the engine completely cool(been shutdown for more than 10 hrs.), but after
that it crosses that spot with absolutely no problems. Conditons are
this-ambient temp 60*-88*, Throttle body thoroughly cleaned less then 400
miles ago, Autolite copper core 3923 plugs w/less than 400 miles on them,
Vavloline fuelsystem treatment added to fuel less than 400 miles ago. I
reset the computer when I did all this. It has only developed since the last
maintenance. If you let it warm up for 2-3 min ormore, it doesn't even think
about doing it. The truck does seem to run worse since I've quit letting it
warm up, but maybe that's just the way it's supposed to be?? Any thoughts?

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html